Comfort Amenities & Sedation
We’ll make sure your visit is comfortable and pain-free
Our relaxing office with its aesthetic décor and high-tech equipment throughout will make you feel comfortable and at ease.
You can enjoy watching movies on our large flat screen (your pick from Netflix or DVDs), or relax to your favorite music on Pandora radio. We also have cozy blankets, warm scented towels and bottled water.
We have numerous tech innovations that make the patient experience an easy one. These include:
- The Wand® computerized anesthesia delivery for pain-free injections and for just the right amount of numbing.
- Electric handpiece drill that is practically silent (no whiney drill sound) and performs smoothly and efficiently – making for less time in the chair
- DIAGNodent laser technology for early cavity detection.
- CEREC 3D technology to design, mill and place a permanent crown in the same visit. This results in fewer visits to the dentist and less work needed.
- Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler for gentle but thorough deep cleaning of teeth
IV Conscious Sedation
If you’re feeling anxious about getting extensive or complex dental work, Dr. Kim offers IV sedation. While still conscious, you’ll feel completely relaxed, as if you were lightly dozing. You’ll still be able to respond to requests from Dr. Kim.
Dr. Kim is board-certified in IV Conscious Sedation. He trained at Montefiore Medical Center in New York and worked with medically complex and high-risk patients. He has also received additional anesthesia training at the University of Southern California & Duquesne University. He is currently a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
IV sedation has several advantages over oral sedation, where the patient takes a sedative pill or two prior to treatment.
- With IV sedation Dr. Kim can control the exact amount of sedative entering the body so that the patient achieves the right amount and is properly relaxed, neither too much or too little.
- The sedative is in the body for a much shorter time than with oral sedation; it is administered just before treatment, in the dental chair, and Dr. Kim flushes it out right afterward.
If you are treated with conscious sedation you will need someone to drive you home. Even though the sedative is in your body for a shorter time than oral sedation, you may still feel drowsy after your treatment.To make an appointment, call (714) 832-8000 or click here to request an appointment online.