One-Visit CEREC Smiles
Natural-looking, Long-Lasting Smiles in One visit
Dr. Kim uses the state-of-the-art CEREC (CEramic REConstruction) 3D system to design and mill high-quality, durable all-porcelain crowns, veneers, onlays/inlays, and bridges in the office.
We are fully equipped with an in-house lab so that you can get beautiful, custom-fitted, & durable restorations the day you walk into your appointment. This amazing technology means no gooey mold impressions, no waiting weeks with a temporary, and no going back and forth for adjustments.
How CEREC works
Easy, Fast and Precise Digital Impressions
First, Dr. Kim uses the latest Primescan digital scanner to capture precise 3D images of the shape, length, and contour of the tooth and gums which are then transferred to 3D CAD (Computer-aided designing) software.
Virtual and Custom Designing
Next, Dr. Kim virtually designs your permanent crown with a customized shape, color, length, and position that will match naturally with your other teeth.
Convenient, On-Site Milling
Using a biocompatible, high-quality porcelain block, your crown is then milled in a matter of minutes and then glazed with detailed characteristics to make it look, feel, and function just like a natural tooth.
Same-Day Delivery and Adjustments
With this innovative CAD/CAM technology and advanced, meticulous bonding technique, Dr. Kim delivers your permanent crown and make any minor adjustments same day.
Benefits of CEREC
- Completed in One Visit. No need for temporaries or multiple visits to the lab. We can make a strong, aesthetic-looking permanent restoration in the comfort of our office.
- Easy, Convenient Digital Impressions. No need for messy and uncomfortable gooey aliginate impressions. We use an advanced intra-oral camera to digitally scan and capture every detail.
- Conservative Tooth Preservation. The accuracy and precision of CEREC technology make it possible to be conservative with prepping and preserve more of your natural tooth structure, which helps make your tooth last longer.
- All-porcelain (Metal-Free), Biocompatible, and Durable. CEREC restorations are milled out of a single block of biocompatible, clinically-validated porcelain and do not contain any other metal core material, which makes them less prone to cracks and flaws.
- Accurate & Precise Fit. CEREC designing and direct in-house milling significantly minimize the likelihood of errors and ensure that your new restoration feels and fits perfectly like a natural tooth.
Bridges in One Visit
Dental implants are the most modern and ideal method of replace missing teeth, but for some cases, a dental bridge can be a good alternative. It typically consists of a false tooth that covers the missing tooth and is “bridged” together by two adjacent anchoring teeth.
A bridge does not require osseointegration (process in which an implant integrates with the natural jaw bone) and therefore does not take as long to complete. Using CEREC technology, Dr. Kim can make traditional 3-unit all-porcelain zirconia bridges and cantilever Maryland bridges in as little as one visit.
Inlays and Onlays in One Visit
Also known as “indirect fillings,” inlays and onlays are ceramic restorations placed either between or over the cusps of a tooth. These restorations are stronger than composite or amalgam fillings because they are made outside of the mouth with the same durable porcelain material used for full coverage crowns.
Using CEREC technology, Dr. Kim can accurately make natural-looking inlays, onlays, and even 3/4 crowns to restore your smile while preserving more healthy tooth structure.To make an appointment, call (714) 832-8000 or click here to request an appointment online.